Mayor Robert Craft and the city council unanimously passed a resolution to cancel the popular music festival that was scheduled to take place May 15 through 17.
City officials said they had been considering the decision for awhile and it was in the best interest of public health, safety and welfare to move forward with the cancellation.
Craft said the decision to cancel the festival was not taken lightly, but those involved are confident they made the right decision.
“We have been monitoring the situation for a number of weeks to better understand the spread of COVID-19 and the public health conditions we could expect in mid-May so that we could make the most informed decision to protect everyone involved,” Craft said.
The festival itself released a statement on its website in support of the city council’s decision. The statement also said refunds will be available and the option to reschedule is being explored.