Purely Elizabeth granola recall – Images from Purely Elizabeth.
by KATU Staff
PORTLAND, Ore. – Granola maker Purely Elizabeth is recalling several of its products in bags and bar form after reporting they could contain “plastic, rocks or glass,” the company said in a press release.
When the recall was announced last Thursday, the company said there were no reports of injuries or illness from “foreign matter” in their breakfast and snack products.
They say the issue was reported by a consumer.
Purely Elizabeth distributes its products nationwide at stores like Costco, Whole Foods, and other supermarkets, as well as selling them online through its site or online retailers like Amazon.
The recalled products are for certain sizes and bars of its “grain-free” flavors of Coconut Cashew, Banana Nut Butter, Chocolate Sea Salt, Peanut Butter bars, and Pumpkin Spice w/ Ashwagandha Superfood.
Below is a complete list of the recalled products:
- Coconut Cashew Grain-Free Granola, 16oz, UPC 855140002946, with “best by” dates of 11/30/19; 12/3/19; 12/5/19; 12/4/19
- Coconut Cashew Grain-Free Granola, 8oz., UPC 855140002700, with a “best by” date of 10/19/19
- Banana Nut Butter Grain-Free Granola, 8oz, UPC 855140002724, with “best by” dates of 10/17/19; 12/12/19
- Banana Nut Butter Grain-Free Bar, 1.4oz, UPC 855140002090, with a “best by” date of 11/26/19
- Chocolate Sea Salt Grain-Free Bar, 1.4oz, UPC 855140002083, with a “best by” date of 11/28/19
- Peanut Butter Grain-Free Bar, 1.4oz, UPC 855140002076, with a “best by” date of 11/29/19
- Coconut Cashew Grain-Free Bar, 1.4oz, UPC 855140002137, with “best by” dates of 11/27/19; 12/20/19; 12/21/19
- Pumpkin Spice w/ Ashwagandha Superfood Grain-Free Granola, 8oz, UPC 810589030158, with a “best by” date of 12/7/19
If you have any of the products under recall, do not eat them and contact the company for a free replacement.